Schultis Law Group focuses on outsourcing, licensing, and related technology and commercial transactions.
We’ve represented both sides of the table. Unlike some larger firms’ outsourcing practices, which typically engage in only customer-side transactions, we have substantial experience in both the customer- and supplier-side transactions, so we can relate to the goals and the risks that each party has in a transaction.
Our background is the tech business. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Larry Schultis worked in the IT industry – first as a programmer, then a systems analyst, and finally an IT director for a prestigious law firm. Larry stays abreast of the advances in development methodologies and project management to offer a blend of legal experience and real-world experience in IT project delivery that gives him unique perspective and insight into his clients’ businesses. So when we say, “We understand your business,” we have the experience to support our claim.
Ways we help our clients:
- Define, complete, and negotiate IT and business process outsourcing arrangements;
- Structure, draft, and negotiate commercial, state, and U.S. government contracts and international transactions;
- Lead dispute resolution and work-outs; manage the resolution of large, complex contractual and programmatic issues;
- Handle intellectual property matters, including resolving patent, copyright, and trademark disputes and negotiating licenses;
- Identify and resolve corporate organizational and revenue recognition issues;
- Manage legal professionals, business professionals, and technical staff; and
- Create tools and processes providing repeatable and consistent results.
We’ve also been honored to work with clients whose size, experience, and sophistication varies greatly. From small start-ups to some of the largest multinational enterprises based in the United States, here’s a sampling of the types of organizations we’ve served:
- Financial institutions
- Telecommunications firms
- Software integrators
- A market data provider
- Software developers
- A Big Four accounting firm
- An automobile manufacturer
- A drone aircraft developer
- Network security software vendors and network security consultants
- A credit card processing company
Recent awards we have received include:
- Acquisition International - Best Boutique Technology Contracting La Firm - USA
- Corporate America 2015 M&A Awards - Best Boutique Technology Contracting Law Firm